- Company: Plan International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
- The project coordinator will work with stakeholders at the districts/municipal level to address the root causes of gender inequalities through gender-transformative approaches. This includes an express need to ensure meaningful male engagement to support women’s improved agency.
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating quality programming and results, financial management and compliance, stakeholder and partner relations, and donor deliverables at districts/municipal levels.
- He/she will coordinate the establishment of women and girl awareness centers to help address SGBV issues in the region.
- He/she is responsible for program planning, implementation, and reporting in compliance with donor and government agreements.
- The post-holder will be based in Eastern Region and travel to project communities where the Be Smart project operates for approximately 60% of her/his time.
Child protection and safeguarding principles of collaboration, participation, transparency, and respect for the agency’s women and children’s rights will be integrated into all aspects of this role.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Please state why each activity is done and the indicators for success
Form and Develop girl group association with appropriate cooperative Values and principles
- Ensure Gender is mainstreamed in all Be Smart-related activities and maintain gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associates to avoid gender discrimination.
- Ensure Safeguarding and Child Protection are mainstreamed in all Be Smart-related activities.
- Coordinate the financial, logistical, and reporting aspects of Be Smart partnership assuring compliance with Plan and donor reporting requirements.
- Actively participate in all network meetings (both local and international) to learn and share best practices for management decision making.
- Monitor and provide semi-annual tracking report of the growth and development in governance, management, and overall development of self-groups and associations related to the project.
- Coordinate partnership and establish good relations with relevant stakeholders in project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for effective linkages.
- Actively engage with stakeholders and government agencies involved in Be Smart promotion and formal protection agencies in Ghana to promote collaborative planning toward long-term sustainable solutions.
- Support in engaging local partners for Social Mobilization, group formation, and training, business skills training, and financial literacy education under the Be Smart project.
- Facilitate the development of producer association values and principles
- Facilitate linkages with relevant district/municipal institutions to support the registration to formalize businesses
- Develop increased knowledge and understanding of Be Smart project through cross-learning, co-mentoring activities to exchange experiences with stakeholders at the district/municipal
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 23 April. 2021
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE