The fitness test is designed to assess whether you’ve got the stamina needed to be a police officer, not an Olympic athlete.
Some people worry about not being fit enough to pass the test but, as long as you’re reasonably fit and have prepared enough in advance, you should be fine.
The medical test varies by agency but normally involves:
- Checking your height and weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Blood pressure check / urinalysis
- Spirometry (Lung capacity test)
- Hearing and eyesight checks
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Most agencies also require a completed health questionnaire signed by your doctor covering your current and past physical and mental health history.