Below are the 2023 Ghana Education Service application procedures for Study Leave With Pay.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) wishes to bring to the notice of its eligible employees the approved subject areas for Study Leave With Pay for 2023 academic year
In line with the G.E.S. Study Leave With Pay policy, employees of the service should
follow the following application procedures to apply for the award of Study Leave With Pay.
Study Leave With Pay Application Procedure
1. Applicants should obtain application forms from the Metro/Municipal/District Education Offices.
2. Applicants should complete application forms (4 copies), Attach certified true copies of certificate(s).
3. Applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the
Metro/Municipal/District Director/Head of Institution (2nd Cycle)
4. The Regional/District Directors should ensure that the list of all fully qualified
beneficiaries reach the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and
Development (HRMD) G.E.S. Headquarters.
Conditions for the Grant of Study Leave With Pay / Study Leave With Pay Application Procedure
1.The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of Study Leave With Pay is 3 (three) years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of Study Leave With Pay shall be bonded for the number of years served at the Institution plus one (1) year.
2. An applicant (staff of GES) who has served in a designated deprived area for Two
(2) years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of Study Leave With Pay.
3. Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year
before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course.
4. Staff of the Service returning from further studies must serve a minimum of two (2) years before they become eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed/re-engaged
must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
6. A Staff who does not qualify for the grant of Study Leave With Pay in the first year
cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The Staff must apply for
Study Leave Without Pay to pursue the course.
7. A Staff who is eligible for Study Leave With Pay must have a minimum of two (2)
years to serve after the course. For example, a Staff who is Fifty-Five (55) years and
above cannot apply for Study Leave With Pay to pursue a course that lasts Four (4)
years or more. He/She can however, apply to pursue courses that have a duration of
between One (1) and Three (3) years.
Credit – honestynewsgh.com